HOW DO I ADOPT?
- NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
- Browse the adoptable animals at Humane Society of West Michigan either in person or online
- View "How to Prepare Your Home" for the new addition to the family
- Come visit HSWM and fill out an application and meet with an adoption counselor in order to get approved for adoption
- Meet with animals who are a good match for your lifestyle and family
- Be ready to take the new family member home! Some animals are ready to go home the same day while others may still need a final vet check
To speed up the adoption process, please bring the following items with you:
- Fill out the adoption application before arriving at HSWM
- Must meet with an adoption counselor in person - can not approve for adoption via email or phone call
- Bring your current pet's medical history
Please note: before meeting any animals, you MUST be approved for adoption. This includes being pre-approved by your landlord if you rent or lease (trailer parks, condos, apartments and homes).
Click here for adoption fees
Have other questions? Visit our FAQ page!
Monday - CLOSED