Humane Society of West Michigan has a variety of ways children can get involved with animals.
Winter Escape - December 15th, Drop the kids off at Humane Society of West Michigan from 6-9pm for a fun filled evening! The night will include a movie, pizza, hot cocoa bar, sugar cookie decorating, crafts, guest speaker and a special animal guest!
- For children ages 7-12
- Fee is $20 per kid, $10 for additional siblings
- E-mail JordAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
Looking to get involved with animals and make new friends with the same passion? Pet Club features different animal topic each week, a craft, meet an animal, volunteer project, earn 2 service hours each session. E-mail JordAnn to register at email@example.com.
- 6 week program offered in October and March.
- Ages: 8-16.
- Tuesday: 4:30-6:30pm
- Pre-registration required $50 for the full 6 week session
- or $10 per session
READING BETWEEN FRIENDS
Reading Between Friends is an interactive way for students to work on their reading skills as well as to help comfort and reduce anxiety in shelter pets as well as nurturing empathy in children. Participants are able to interact with their "reading friend" for a short time before they sit down with a cat, dog or small animal and read to them. E-mail JordAnn to register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ages: 5-16- cats & small critters
- Ages: 12-16- cats, small critters, & dogs.
- Monday nights 4PM-5PM (October-May)
- Parent/guardian must accompany their child
- Pre-registration required $7 per time
GIRL SCOUT BADGE DAYS
Girl Scout Badge Days: Join Humane Society of West Michigan to help Girl Scouts earn their badges with some help from our shelter animals! HSWM Fun Patch, certificate of completion and service learning projects are all included. Click here to sign up.
- Seniors can earn their Voice for Animals Badge
- Cadettes can earn their Animal Helper Badge
- Brownies can earn their Pet Journey Badge
- Daisies can earn their 3 Cheers for Animals Badge
- Badge not included or given by HSWM
Humane Society of West Michigan offers an unforgettable learning experience with our Humane Education Summer Camps! This is a great place for your child to spend their summer learning, growing and having a fun filled experience that will leave a lasting impression! Summer Camps are filled with activities, games, crafts, lessons and hands on experience for everyone based on animal's and animal welfare! 5 different camps are offered for a variety of ages and interests. We are currently not recruiting campers, please check back closer to summer 2018!